The Children and Families Truth Commission (formerly the Best Interests of the Child Review) is holding its next Zoom session on Sunday, and we have lots to share with you.
The commission, like the original review, will be documenting the experiences of children and their families inside the child protection sector, with a focus on how their human rights have been affected by decision-making, policies and laws inside the system.
At the online event the team will:
- Explain why we decided to change our investigation from a Review to a Truth Commission
- What the commission will do and how we will do it
- Talk you through the new website
- Share a consent form we’ve created for children and families who want to take part in the commission
- Ask you for your thoughts on the website, the consent form and our proposals for collecting your experiences of the child protection system in Britain
As always this event will be about you and your needs. The head of the commission, Michele Simmons, will host the event and Simon Haworth and Researching Reform (Natasha Phillips) will be offering Michele support and answering any questions directed at us.
Please spread the word if you’re happy to – our goal is to fill the commission with your voices and experiences and to amplify them so they cannot be ignored.
The event will take place on Sunday 3 April from 5pm to 6pm.
If you’d like to attend please email the commission at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know in your email if you are a parent or child who has experienced the child protection system, or a child welfare practitioner working in the sector. Registered attendees will receive a Zoom link for the event.