The Home Office published six new factsheets on 28 July which provide more information about each of the provisions in the Domestic Abuse Act 2021.
There are currently 22 fact sheets for the Act on the GOV website.
The fact sheets contain details about the measures in the Act, why they are needed and what impact they will have.
The latest fact sheets cover the following areas:
- Tackling perpetrators
- Amendment to the controlling or coercive behaviour offence
- Section 91(14) barring orders
- Prohibition on charging for the provision of medical evidence of domestic abuse
- Strangulation and suffocation and
- Threats to disclose private sexual photographs and films.