A long-awaited government report into improving health and development outcomes of babies and young children in England launches today.
The Early Years Review, led by Andrea Leadsom MP, will launch virtually this afternoon, on Zoom.
The event, chaired by Leadsom, includes 10 speakers:
- Lord Russell of Liverpool
- Dr Cheryll Adams – Executive Director, Institute of Health Visiting
- Professor Jane Barlow – Professor of Evidence Based Intervention and Policy Evaluation, University of Oxford
- Professor Viv Bennett – Chief Nurse, Public Health England & Government Advisor on Public Health Nursing and Midwifery
- Miriam Cates MP – Member of Parliament for Penistone and Stocksbridge
- Professor Peter Fonagy – Head of the Division of Psychology and Language Science, UCL & Chief Executive of the Anna Freud Centre
- Dr Alain Gregoire – Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist & Founder and Honorary President, Maternal Mental Health Alliance
- Anne Longfield – Former Children’s Commissioner for England
- Tim Loughton MP – Member of Parliament for East Worthing and Shoreham
- Professor Eunice Lumsden – Head of Early Years, University of Northampton
The event will run from 1pm – 3pm, during which attendees will have the opportunity to ask the Chair and additional speakers questions.