Around the world today states, charities and child welfare organisations will be remembering the many hundreds of thousands of children that go missing every year because today is International Missing Children’s Day.
And yet the level of awareness surrounding what happens to these children and where they go once they are abducted is still very low.
Did you know for example, that many children are stolen or bought from families to fuel the adoption industry around the world? It sounds like a conspiracy theory, one that may seem hard to believe, but there is ample evidence which highlights this terrible practice.
In order to raise awareness about missing children, we’ve added some very interesting links below:
- Key Facts about missing children
- Thousands of children in care disappear each year (UK)
- Your child is missing. Would you want their adoption to be easier?
- The Australian Federal Police offer links and support for missing children and their families
- The FBI would like your help in finding these missing children
- In the UK a child is reported as missing every 3 minutes – have you seen any of these children?
- Amazing app “You Have A Voice” Helps trafficked children and adults seek help.