The Psychometrics Forum is holding an event on 11th March this year to talk about politics and the personality of the politician, just in time for the elections. Speakers for the event include Dr Adrian Furnham, Professor of Psychology at University College London and Dr Rainer Kurz, who will be talking about politics and the psychology of abuse and cover up.
Dr Kurz has very kindly informed us that he will be exploring the following themes, which we feel may be of interest to our readers:
- Politics, personality and performance including a model of manipulative behaviours
- Psychometric measurement problems in clinical personality tests that shield abusers and re-victimise
- Sir Cyril Smith, Sir Jimmy Savile, Marc Dutroux case and successful UK prosecutions of Satanists
- Extreme abuse, trauma, dissociation
- How ‘gaming’ of Family Court proceedings and mental health assessment works
If you’d like to attend this event, please see the flyer below for further details. Tickets cost £65 for full TPF members and £95 for non-members (including LinkedIn affiliates). Please contact Caro Leitzell with any queries or questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks to Dr Kurz for sharing this event with us.