We are living in an era in which child abuse is slowly being recognised as an unacceptable crime and whilst it beggars belief that it has taken the world so long to acknowledge this, at least there are signs of change.
These are the latest headlines in relation to child abuse inquiries around the world, including our very own Independent Panel Inquiry Into Child Abuse:
- New Chair for UK’s Inquiry into Child Abuse, Justice Goddard to be questioned by MPs from the Home Affairs Committee, today at 2pm in Portcullis House (The Boothroyd Room)
- Westminster Child Abuse Inquiry – Blood on their hands
- Jersey Care Inquiry – “Abuse was common”
- Rabbi resigns after inquiry testimony – Australia
- Cardinal fails child sex abuse victims, inquiry finds – Australia