Some more current news stories and articles, not necessarily all floating on the radar, which we think are worthy of discussion:
- Social workers may face jail in parental access row: but were they right?
- Same sex couple must remain married: Texas Law and its limits
- Vikings really just a bunch of Norse guys: Truly enlightening new evidence is found to suggest Vikings were ahead of the game when it came to gender equality, marriage and divorce. Trust the Scandinavians….
- Child Abuse in Care Homes and Foster Care; A brief review (1998)
- Don’t ask your grandson how his jaw got broken, say social workers: another embarrassing policy which highlights the need to modernise our social work sector. WARNING: The story itself is also very distressing.
(Thank you to Maggie Tuttle for sharing the last two items with us).