At Researching Reform, we are big music lovers and often find that a little music goes a long way when it comes to the thorny issue of fitness. Thorny for us, because like so many people who love their food and see it not just as a means to survival, but as one of the most beautiful social rituals known to man, exercise can be something of an afterthought.
But in this busy world we live in, where we try to juggle jobs, parenthood, socialising and finding the energy at the end of the day to be able to laugh at ourselves, staying fit and healthy is as vital as ever and benefits everyone in the family.
Enter a reluctant guinea pig – us. Having chosen a healthier lifestyle as one of our main resolutions for 2012, we chose jogging as a way to get fit, in the hope that it would boost our energy levels and make us feel great at the same time. But we knew we were going to need a little help. And that’s when our ipod became an accomplice to this mission of madness.
We listen to music all the time; whether we’re doing our McKenzie-in-training work or indulging in cyber scribbles, our tastes are pretty inclusive (we do listen to and love just about every genre, with the exception of really heavy metal where everyone sounds like they’re sobbing – we can’t do that) but for Le Jogging as we call it on Twitter (see our Diary of a Confused Jogger for daily entries of our gym-tastic embarrassment) we knew we had to choose slightly heavy beats, with a sprinkle of speed to get us going.
So, just for fun, we have added our ten favourite tracks from our current jogging playlist below – we really couldn’t do the fitness thing without it. And whilst these tracks are working for us at the moment, we tend to change and swap around the songs we listen to, depending on our mood. How about you? Do you do regular exercise and listen to music to pass the time? Let us know and don’t be shy to add your favourite playlists or songs, too!
- Calabria 2007 (Many thanks to Tom Valenti for reminding us of this fun tune) Warning: slightly racy video…..
- Rip Groove (Vocal Mix) From 2006. An oldie but a goodie….
- Garage Girls (Sunship Remix) Another vintage piece of Garage mayhem
- Music is My Therapy (Club Mix) bang up to date, and banging
- Rock The Beat (Bob Sinclar, Bassjackers vs Yellow Team Remix)
- Let Me think About It (Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand)
- Sexual Insanity (Original Mix, Pacha 2012)
- Not Gangsta (Fredelux Remix)
- Supermassive Black Hole (Muse)
- Sonando Contigo (Kiko Navarro feat Concha Buika)